Did you know that Google Maps let your “drop a pin” to save a location, find directions, or even shared your location with others? This is a very handy feature that offers a whole host of uses. But, our favorite use for it at Swimmers is for musicians to share their locations with other music makers.
Add your location to our interactive Google Map right here, and let others see just how many people are making music and where they are located!
Not sure how to drop a pin? No worries, we were a bit confused at first too! We’ll walk you through all the necessary steps below so you can help us show the world how many music makers there are out there!
How to Drop a Location Pin
Learning how to drop a pin is not as challenging as you may think it is. Google Maps has worked to make the process quick and easy. Use the steps below, and you should be able to figure it out in no time.
- Click on “View larger map” in the upper right-hand corner of the map. This will take you to Google Maps.
- Click on “Edit” in the upper left-hand corner. You will be able to drop your pin on the map.
- Zoom in on your current location on the map. Zoom in as close as you can to clearly see the street names/buildings in the area for greater accuracy.
- Click on “Add marker” under the search box.
- Drop the pin on the map in your location and edit the icon of your pin: change its color, add a description or an image (video) or delete it.
That’s it! Now we’ll all be able to see where you’re making music, and our map will continue to fill up with music makers from all over!
Drop Your Pin!
Now that you know how to drop a pin on Google Maps, get out there, make some music, and share your location with us! We’d love to see where you’re making music!